Alan Chambers, Bass
Laurie Dorisio, Vocals, Guitar
Photo's Courtesy of Mark Fletcher
Dave Thomas, Guitar, Mandolin
Alice Dorisio, Vocals, Harmonica, Drums
January 23, 1952 - March 30, 2017
To all our dear friends, family, and fans;
It is with a heavy heart that I share the sad news of the passing of my brother Bruce. He was a wonderful husband, father, Pop Pop, uncle, brother, son and friend. He was a fabulous harmonica player and added so much to the unique sound of Warm Hearted Country! I know Bruce will continue to play beautiful music with the heavenly angels! We will miss him dearly but have great peace in knowing he is joined with our Lord and Savior in the Heavenly Kingdom.
Laurie Dorisio &
Warm Hearted Country
Warm Hearted Country was formed in 2003 by Laurie and Alice Dorisio. Alice has been performing country music for about 50 years, mostly in family bands. Laurie’s love of country and bluegrass music goes back to her childhood when she began singing with her Mom at age 6. Laurie sings lead vocals, plays guitar and mandolin. Alice plays the snare drum, harmonica, provides harmony and sings lead vocals. This mother / daughter team offer audiences a unique combination of immensely popular entertainment.
Other Warm Hearted Country members include; Dave Thomas playing lead guitar and mandolin; Alan Chambers playing bass. This fine group of talented, experienced musicians delight and captivate audiences through their creativity and the signature, unique sound of Warm Hearted Country.
Warm Hearted Country has shared their talents at a wide variety of venues throughout New Jersey:
* The New Jersey Folk Festival * Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association
* Pine Barrens Jamboree * Pinelands Charge Bluegrass Gospel Festival
* Osbornville Baptist Church * Immanuel Baptist Church
* Bass River Centennial * Burlington County Farmers Market
* Tuckerton Seaport * Johnson's Farm Market
* Rocco's Steaks * Stafford Concert Series
* Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge * Harvest Harmony Festival
* Albert Music Hall * The Old Time Antiques & Collectable Faire
* Old Stone House Harvest Festival * The Field Dog Expo
* Burlington County College Fun Fest * Stafford Township Performing Arts Center
* Manchester Library * Little Egg Harbor Library
* Jackson Library * Toms River Library
* Acoustic Musicians Guild * Evergreen Dairy Bar
* Whitesbog Blueberry Festival * Burlington County Farm Fair
* Wall Library * Barnegat Library
* Medford Arts Center * Dickens Festival, Medford, N. J.
* Stafford Library * Music at the Lake Event, Waretown Historical Society
Warm Hearted Country performs an enjoyable mix of Classic Country, Bluegrass, Oldies, Old Time Rock & Roll, and Gospel music. The bands main goal is to keep the legends alive, you can expect to hear songs by the great Kitty Wells (Queen of Country), Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Sr., George Jones, Ralph Stanley and Bill Monroe (Father of Bluegrass). It doesn't stop there, you can expect to hear a mix of Oldies, and Old Time Rock & Roll including such legends as Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, and the Drifters. Be sure not to miss The Warm Hearted Country Carolers performing festive favorites with a country flavor during the holiday season!
The band will begin their 10th season performing monthly, February through December, at the Evergreen Dairy Bar located on Route 70, Medford, N. J. Come out to join in the fun, be prepared for an evening filled with great music and entertainment!